Any maximum size limit for image and filter?

Hello,

The software takes very long time to process the image. I am processing 7200 x 7200 px image, and the image used as filter has the size of 2200 x 3300 px size. The software takes very long time to process. I am wondering any maximum size limit for image and filter implemented by Deep Art Effects software? My computer is an old computer but can run Window 10. Will the Ram, CPU capacity affect the speed of generating the artwork?

Thanks.

1 Like

There is no real hardlimit, it’s mainly limited the the amount of memory your machine can allocate.
It will crash out if it’s to little, to speed up results, you would need a higher chunk size (preferences) which in turn also needs more memory.

Our GPU build might also speed things up for you.

Our GPU build might also speed things up for you.

For god’s sake, DONT TRY IT! The image size you’re on about requires more memory than GPUs come with.

Ooh - another Quirky…

Process a HD video for one week then run out of memory due to Memory leaks in DAE, crash + sulk (don’t tell the user anything is wrong) - that was a great one…

As said, memory has to be taken into account, but with lower chunk size. The GPU build can still render a lot faster.

Always test small scale, and for large video renderings, chop them in smaller pieces.

I have the same problem. MAC with 32 GB memory. Input file 12000x9000 pix, output max 3840x2880.
Level of detail UltraHigh, Maximum not work.

Most likely because at maximum with those sizes, you’re running out of (free/available) memory / thus crashing the software. Ultra high will resize the image, that’s correct.