Background removal + compositing

I’m playing with the following for video (waiting for green screen to arrive)

In the meantime…

Here’s a base image

garden

Run it through the Sketch filter and you get this…

garden_sketch

Got to https://www.remove.bg/ (nothing bigger than 360p) and you get this

garden-removebg

It messed my thumb up so I just painted over it in pink (didn’t need the image anyway, it’s just to use as a mask)

Stick these images in layers (I used paint.net) then used the version with the background removed to mask the originals

End results are a lot better IMHO

garden_sketch2 garden_sketch3

2 Likes

In the next version there will be an automatically background removal feature. So stay tuned.

1 Like

In the “next version” background removal is missing

Also looking forward to this feature

Download new version 1.2.1 for removing the background.

Can’t work out how to specify muliple inputs and outputs for cli version

The CLI help has no clues and there is, as usual, no example

I’ve resorted to whiting a batch file to process the 196 images (frames from a video clip (I’m using as a test

See multiple images section

Ahh - only screwed up for removebackground - artfilter works OK, The product testing continues to fail dismally (this is not the only filname related issue I discovered today)…

Should be a bit quicker a it don’t have to decompress thee exe, load Java, start server and all that crap …

Unix-style paths?

No joy for removebackground …

./dae removebackground -input c:/dae/chunk/running-frames/ -output c:/dae/chunk/zzz/

pdae is renamed deeparteffectsclu]

Also tried

c:\dae\chunk\dae removebackground -input c:\dae\chunk\running-frames -output c:\dae\chunk\zzz
c:\dae\chunk\dae removebackground -input c:\dae\chunk\running-frames\ -output c:\dae\chunk\zzz
c:\dae\chunk\dae removebackground -input c:\dae\chunk\running-frames* -output c:\dae\chunk\zzz*
c:\dae\chunk\dae removebackground -input c:\dae\chunk\running-frames*.* -output c:\dae\chunk\zzz*.*

[runnung-frames has 196 images in it, zzz is empty]

Stuff like …
c:\dae\chunk\dae removebackground -input running-frames\image-065.jpg -output transparent-frames\alpha-065.jpg

Works fine so I ended up writing a for(i=0; i<197; i++) { … } hack