Crashes when downloading styles

I’ve used the Android version of Deep Art Effects (DAE) on my Android and it works fine. I thought I’d give it a try on my PC. The program seemed to install fine and runs when I open it. But… When I drag a photo into it, it begins downloading styles and then hangs before it can complete. Only a computer reboot will close it. Not useable at this point.

Anything that can be done to fix this?

We need more information about the device such as CPU, RAM, Operating System.
Do you use Anti-Virus Software or a firewall?

I am running an HP - HPE-500Z PC with 16GB Ram, an AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor which runs at 3.2Ghz and has 4 cores. My OS is Windows 10 Home - 64 bit. I use Norton 360 anti-virus software.

I note that when the program hangs up and I have to use Task Manager to force it closed the program that needs to be closed is labeled - Java Platform SE Binary. Does Deep Art Effects require Java? I recall I uninstalled Java as it was indicated it was being discontinued.

Here’s a screenshot of what I see when it hangs up.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/px6rJEEwFWJ6NLhNA

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? - C’mon guys. No response??

There will be something, interrupting the download. We have seen this behavior on some (a small percentage) of windows 10 machines. I myself am running on Win 10 - 64 bit without a problem. Both CPU and GPU tested.

To help identify the culprit, please disable or exclude the program from AV / Firewall like applications. If that doesn’t help please make a dump of all processes that are still running on your machine, during the time you get a download styles fail. Export that and send it to my colleague Julia at [email protected]