Deep Art Effects Desktop v1.2.7 available

What’s new?

• Random style button adds a new random style for abstract vincent and artistic
  • Added new Tutorial slideshow
  • Getting started tutorial
  • Help for abstract
  • Help for vincent
  • Help for artistic
  • Major Stability improvements

Improvements

• Huge Performance Improvement for rendering on modern hardware even without GPU
  • Big Stability improvements
  • Memory usage improvements
  • Long and high resolution videos now can be rendered without crashes

Bugfixes

• jpeg images now are compressed too
  • better license status message when activating keys
  • some bugs according license registration fixed
  • better warning when minimum requirements not met
  • reset effects now works with all effects and resets intensity to 90
  • CLI intensity and bokeh fixed
  • Improved file extension handling on ubuntu
  • progress bar updates correctly

New minimum requirements

• Ubuntu 18.04 (No longer support for Ubuntu 16.04)
  • macOS: 10.12.6 (Sierra)

Cool - could have emailed me…

Yeah, that sucks, dude. You’ve obviously put a bunch of your own time in. Latest patch was just fixing broken crap. No new features, except for the random filter, and maybe CLI which I don’t use. Great.

And Tristan completey misses the Java11 and new tensorflow with all the benefits that brings…

Not a small update

Wait- Tristan? You lost me.

kop

Right- Why are we calling me out by name, Simon?

I was trying to express solidarity and empathy for the unpaid time you’ve spent improving/developing their product. The latest update didn’t add any feature that will change my workflow or results. How will the new tensorflow yield better results? Just time saved?

You can’t get Cuda 9.0 to work with newer cards. Specifically Cuda 9.0 does not work on…

NVIDIA TITAN RTX, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, RTX 2080 Super, RTX 2080, RTX 2070 Super, RTX 2070, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2060, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1660, GTX 1650 Super, GTX 1650, MX450

As for unpaid - I can always stick the dll on itch,io and charge a small amount (the 7.50 it costs me for the Russian box seems appropriate) to enable people who can’t currently use the GPU version a way to do so.

While this is something DAE should do theirseves I frankly doubt it’ll happen

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be working with CUDA11.4/ or CUDA10 on my machines. No Vincent and No artistic AI, using breaks the software and it crashes.

Cuda 10.0 definitely works but you need a specific DLL to use it - I’ve built versions for all NVIDIA cards - five variations specific to cards, e.g. 2080 and one that does everything (but it’s huge)

I think mine is working without any CUDA right now. very strange. It’s for sure the GPU version as well

I’m getting a new PC tomorrow (bye-bye six-year old junkpile) - actually it’ll get re-tasked as a linux box…

New laptop is a middle-range ‘Gaming Laptop’ and has an RTX 3060 which means I’ll finally be abe to test DAE GPU on a semi-decent card — one that may have issues with CUDA 10 (as CUDA 10 ony goes as far as 2080s).

I’ll also get to upgrade to Win11 which will slow it down anyway but as I’m used to my six year old craptop it’ll still be a great improvement.

Please keep development going! I have only just discovered DAE (Mac) and think it is fantastic!

1 Like