Unable to save work

I am unable to save my work. Everything was working fine, goes through the process of creating artwork but nothing happens when I try to save it. I tried deleting and reinstalling the software. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Any solutions yet ? I reinstalled an older version 1.0.12. It is working again.

One thing uninstalling / re-installing DAE doesnā€™t so is remove the working directory DAE uses to store files that are local to your machine.

Thereā€™s one specific file Iā€™ve had problems with recently and others from before. My previous problem resulted in the Clear Cache button being added to Info -> About.

The following process will make DAE ā€˜forgetā€™ your License Key so go to the main site, log in and get your key as youā€™ll need it after thisā€¦

On Mac / Linux open a Terminal window and type in thisā€¦

rm -f .deeparteffects/settings

Note the dot / period / full-stop before deeparteffects On Mac / Linux this denotes a hidden file (you can see it with ā€œls -laā€ though)

On Windows open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\{Your Username}\.deeparteffects and delete the file ā€˜settingsā€™

Now start up DAE and enter your license key again and try a quick test to see if this fixes the problem and you can save again.

I had problems with Batch Processing not working and tracked the problem down to that specific file so its quite possible your problem may be a corrupted settings file as well.

If this doesnā€™t fix things then try deleting the whole .deeparteffects directory - Windows users, do it from Windows Explorer, Mac / Linux itā€™sā€¦

rm -rf .deeparteffects

Note that deleting the entire directory also deletes the cache and assets DAE uses to style your images - donā€™t worry, itā€™ll download them again as it needs them.

Deleting both DAE and .deeparteffects FULLY uninstalls the program, a normal uninstall leaves the .deeparteffects directory on your drive

1 Like

We fixed a saving issue. Please download and install dae from here again:
https://www.deeparteffects.com/page/download

There is no notification or hint of any kind that two versions of a release are available - something like 1.1.1a for the patched version?

There are at least three 1.1.1 releases that have been patched (Mac, CLI and Linux GPU)

I went so far as to re-install Linux and CUDA not realising the issue was with DAE having the wrong library in the release (thanks)

On Windows open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users{Your Username}.deeparteffects and delete the file ā€˜settingsā€™. - that helped me , thanks again dude :slight_smile: