PC Support update for GPUs?

Hi, I see dozens of comments about the cuda issues and 30xx card issues in this forum and hardly any requests for Mac support. But we get an announcement for better Mac support? When can we expect an update to use something other than the PC CPU with 30xx+ cards?

I have been waiting for 2 years for an ā€˜updateā€™ that allows me to use the program for what I intending using it for forā€¦ ā€˜4k Videoā€™. Without GPU support it takes hours and hours to render a few seconds- no good.
I bought this program over 3 years ago and practically never used it, awaiting a GPU support updateā€¦ just constant broken promises!! was so excited last Nov/December to hear of an Update in January 2023 that would provided gpu support and more features - 6 months laterā€¦ nothing!! very disappointed TBH.

Hello @Neil.B and @Shor thank you so much for your feedback, and Iā€™m verry sorry the software doesnā€™t meet your expectations. As you probably know, we have a small team of dedicated developers who work almost around the clock to provide the best experience possible when using our software. We have many things on our roadmap, but due to the small size of our team itā€™s impossible to implement everything at once. We are implementing the features that we receive the most requests for, in this case, the Mac M1 chip is used widely, and many of our (potential) customers were having issues using the software. Hence, our developers fixed this issue as first.
Please be assured that we will keep working, improving and developing our software further, in order to meet everyoneā€™s needs and expectations. Unfortunately I donā€™t have any exact dates at this moment.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

With kind regards,
Camelia

ainā€™t anything useful been implemented in years
but hey Neil check out runway.ml. they have style transfer image to video. with a paid acct you may have the functionality you are looking for.

edit: typo

1 Like

Hey @kingofpain , regarding your comment that nothing useful has been implementing in the last few years, I can confirm that we are working on a major release, which will be called Deep Art Creator. Canā€™t say too much at this moment, but there will be some huge changes inside the software.

Hi! We are waiting for a good news and updates!
Release alfa/beta at least please!

Hello @drams unfortunately I donā€™t have an exact date yet of when Deep Art Creator will be released. Rest assured we will notify everyone through the forum and our socials. Thank you for your understanding.

Any updates or is this app evaporating?

Hey there, the app is definitely not evaporating @kingofpain . Our team is working on the major release of Deep Art Creator. Please stay tuned. We will share more updates in the very near future.

Thats excellent news! Hopefully soooonā€¦ been waiting nearly 4 years for the GPU version :)) :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Will there be an upgrade cost for the version that supports modern GPUs?

Hey @Neil.B , this is not a GPU update I was referring to, but a completely new release of a new desktop application.

@Shor , new major upgrades are not included in a one time purchase, is that what you are referring to?

Regards,
Camelia

Hey wait a second, I thought we were talking about DAE, the software I have a license to. I donā€™t think there has been a single update since it was released. I was invited into the beta program and there hasnā€™t been a new beta release inā€¦ years? And now youā€™re just going to dump DAE and not update to tensorflow2 or any of the new LLM stuff? Any of the new projects at hugging faces now blows DAE out of the water. I have Stable Diffusion with style transfer for free on my home machine, which means i can generate my own AI art, including video, offline and privately. I thought there was going to be some kind of lame update to DAE at least before it was abandoned. I guess at least I managed to squeeze some value out of my license before it was rendered totally irrelevant. And you guys are still selling new licenses for DAE, with no updates coming, even though Iā€™ve been asking for months and youā€™re like weā€™re working on an update, I have specifically been asking if development had ended for this product. And I was pretty sure you all had committed to at least one more feature update in these threads somewhere, I know I was told you were working on something that was not a totally new product. Talk about your bait and switch tactics. I canā€™t even get a GPU DAE install to work anymore.

Hello Camelia,
Can you elaborateā€¦ You said 12 months ago there was a JANUARY update dueā€¦ i was excited as Iā€™m sure countless others were. This update has still not happened 11 months later. The only one feature everyone has been asking for is modern GPU support to use the software properly.
Are you now saying that a Major update wont be included to people who have purchased this software? Or there will be no new updates to improve functionality?
Instead all focus is on a new software titleā€¦ Hmmmm

Hello @kingofpain Iā€™m sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with the software. I would have to consult internally regarding tensorflow2, unfortunately I donā€™t have any details regarding that particular development. We did had updates for DAE, the last one was in June this year, where updated the software in such a way that it supports M1 and M2 Apple Silicon devices, since that was a wide requested feature.

Good morning @Neil.B , yes the update that was supposed to be introduced in January last year was for the M1 and M2 chips. Please keep in mind that we have a very small team of developers, which means our resources are limited, therefore we have limits to the amount of work / requests we can implement in the software.

As to the development of the new major release, this is a logical development, following the big AI trends, such as Midjourney for example, we are implementing similar features in our next major release.
As per our general terms and conditons, with a one time license, one doesnā€™t get support for major releases. The current version of the software you have will also still get updates.
On the other hand, with a monthly , three monthly, or yearly subscription, you get all features, free software updates, free support and new art filters, This includes major releases as well.

I hope this was helpful. If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to us through live chat support.

Thank you both for your understanding and patience on this matter.

With kind regards,
Camelia

Hey wait a second, I thought we were talking about DAE, the software I have a license to. I donā€™t think there has been more than one update since I purchased my license years ago now, and that was for mac people and the people I see active on the forums are all PC people. I was invited into the beta program and there hasnā€™t been a new beta release inā€¦ years? And now youā€™re just going to dump DAE and not update to tensorflow2 or any of the new LLM stuff? Any of the new projects at hugging faces now blows DAE out of the water. I have Stable Diffusion with style transfer for free on my home machine, which means i can generate my own AI art, including video, offline and privately. I thought there was going to be some kind of weak update to DAE at least before it was abandoned. I guess at least I managed to squeeze some value out of my license before it was rendered totally irrelevant. And you guys are still selling new licenses for DAE, with no updates coming, even though Iā€™ve been asking for months and youā€™re like weā€™re working on an update, I have specifically been asking if development had ended for this product. And it sounds like it has. And I was pretty sure you all had committed to at least one more feature update in these threads somewhere, I know I was told you were working on something that was not a totally new product. I canā€™t even get a GPU DAE install to work anymore. I would have thought you would at least release a ā€œfinalā€ version of DAE that doesnā€™t require a bachelorā€™s in comp-sci to install it, before jumping to something new. But your reply makes it also seem like I wouldnā€™t receive a patch for a ā€œmajorā€ feature update anyway, since I bought a ā€œforeverā€ license. To me an update would include some new functionality. This is all news to me! Why even start a beta program if no more betas were going to be developed? Because I sure havenā€™t seen a new one since the last one dropped, after which I was invited.

Hello Cameliaā€¦

Utter disgraceful, immoral, and disgusting behaviour Camelia!! You have deliberately deceived us all with your nicely nicely Oā€™just wait a few more months approach for an update - as the only thing anyone has asked for is a functional working version of the software for a GPU!!!..

Not once have you ever said that this feature will never arrive, deceitful behaviour much?.. leading us all to wait and wait and waitā€¦ and then drop the bombshell that you are screwing us all and abandoning this softwareā€¦

I bought this 4 years ago and have practically never used itā€¦ REFUND PLEASE
like KingofPain said, there has been no updates.

I have given you Camelia the benefit of the doubt for the last 12 monthsā€¦ but you are obviously of the same ilk as the rest of them or you just take the coin from this horrible, despicable excuse of a software company and think its acceptable to deceive customers.

Why didnā€™t you just say 12 months ago it was only going to be M1 M2 upgrade for macs???.. Afraid of backlash? so wait 12 months and then announce no updates to allow this basic software to actually work.
I never wish bad on anyone but the way your company has treated its customers perhaps it would be best if your company fails very badly to avoid even more upset customers down the line.

Its always about the money isnt it? Not about doing the right thing.

Completely unacceptable morals and business etiquette.

But of course this little dev team can re-write a whole new software but screw anyone that has supported yourselves by buying the full version which as it turns out is completely useless.

Iā€™m so unhappy about this.

Apologies for going on a bit of a rant and getting the situation off my chest, nothing personal Cameliaā€¦
Just very unhappy with the lack of support, transparency and abandonment of all customers like myself who has Paid for a Full Version, waited patiently for many years for a meaningful update that addresses all the concerns we have been requesting .ie basic graphic card support, GPU, to be then abandonedā€¦ :frowning: All the time believing your company will eventually deliver a good update with some new features & GPU support to make up for the Huge Delay and all will be Ok.

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m Cristiaan Brans, the Director of Support at Deep Art Effects. I understand there are concerns regarding our upcoming product, Deep Art Creator, and its impact on our current Deep Art Effects software. Let me clarify a few points:

1. Continued Support for Current Software: Our existing Deep Art Effects software is still receiving updates, and we have not ceased its development. Your license, along with the support for external features like colorization, will continue to function as expected.
  2. Deep Art Creator as a Separate Product: The introduction of Deep Art Creator, which utilizes different AI technology, is a separate endeavor and does not affect our commitment to the current Deep Art Effects software. They are distinct products with their unique functionalities and improvements.
  3. Potential Offers for Existing Users: While itā€™s not yet confirmed, we are considering special offers for our loyal users once Deep Art Creator is released.

We are not alone in this approach Consider Adobe Sensei, an AI and machine learning platform by Adobe that enhances creative assets and speeds up business operations. When Adobe releases new functionalities or software updates, existing users of Adobe Creative Cloud benefit from these improvements. However, if Adobe introduces a completely new product or a major upgrade that significantly alters the softwareā€™s capabilities or scope, users may need to purchase the new version separately, even though they have access to the previous version through their subscription. Our approach with Deep Art Creator is similar. While we continue to support and update our current Deep Art Effects Desktop Pro software, the introduction of Deep Art Creator, which utilizes a different AI technology, is akin to a major new product release, and hence, itā€™s treated as a separate entity.

We value your feedback and hope this clarifies our position and future plans. Your continued support is important to us, and we are committed to delivering quality products and services.

Best regards,
Cristiaan Brans

1 Like

I would appreciate your response if it addressed any of the reasonable questions by your customers here.

1. are you going to release another version of DAE with finalized GPU support, like youā€™ve been saying for years now?

2. will it support newer nvidia cards?

3. are you going to address the resolution/brush size issue? (I would check out painnt in the MS Windows store for an example of how a dev could approach this)

4. or is this the end of life for this software for all practical purposes? because it looks like you still have people purchasing it today as if itā€™s supported software that has a feature. you do have it all packaged together in what you could ostensibly call an ā€œappā€ Even though it doesnā€™t quit when you quit it or it crashes and then you have a zombie 2 GB Java app going in the background.
    this is really starting to approach the scam/grift level of deception and corpo speak which all translates to ā€œget f***edā€ in the end. i remember when I first posted here and it was a long post with images and design rationale I remember when I first posted here and it was a long post with images suggested corrections and documentation of the lack of save as boxes to point your work where to get saved or the issue with resolution versus brush size, etc and I put a lot of time into that post but it became immediately clear that you didnā€™t actually want feedback to improve the product you just wanted to hide my good faith suggestions. because after I got upset about my post being hidden you just banned me. so what is this operation then? you say you have a team working on this but they havenā€™t released anything meaningful to me in years soā€¦ is there really a team working on this? is there a person working on this even? it doesnā€™t seem like there is. it seems like the only one working on this project is the person or two replying to forum posts, telling paying customers to keep waiting as the technology youā€™re selling rapidly becomes irrelevant and outdated.